Pages

My my! What colours can do!

Hi again. Ready to learn more about colours???

Your True Colours 2

See, food: colour also affects how we "taste" the food with our eyes. For example, French will eat grey, tinned beans and peas, while the British will not touch them. We prefer green apples to the American glossy red. But colour really has no effect!

It was the same with, let's say, the colour of washing powder. Someone gave a woman three packets of washing powder. One was blue, one yellow and one that was yellow and blue (I'm talking about the packets the washing powder was in). She was asked to test it. After the test, she said "The yellow packet with the powder was too strong, it damaged my clothes. The blue packet powder was too weak, it left stains on my dress! But, you know, I would gladly use the blue and yellow packet with powder, because it is just right!". But actually, the only difference in the powder was the colour of the packet!

Expect a colour test in the next post.

1 comments:

Mrs B said...

Hi Karolina
I bet that is why most washing poder boxes are a combination of yellow and blue. Advertisers would use that information for selling purposes. I have actually tried colour experiments with classes using coloured milk and had the same reactions - all the same milk from the same bottle but the colour made a difference to how they reacted to the taste. Can you guess which coloured milk they said tasted the best?