Pages

Time to pick mushrooms!


Hey guys, get ready to pick some mushrooms!

There are really lots of types of mushrooms all over the world! I can even prove it! It was one sunny day, in Australia ...:

And me and my friend were sitting on a bench under a tree, when I looked at the ground and saw a mushroom. I was surprised, because the mushroom was one of the protected species. You could hardly ever see it in Poland! When I came home I told my mum and she said: 'You can't find it in Poland because people pick mushrooms a lot there, otherwise in Australia no one picks them at all!'

I know most of the mushroom names and there are some rare ones like I said in the previous paragraph. The one I saw in Australia was gwiazdosz fredzlowaty (I only learnt it in Polish and you pronounce it like this: khviasdosh frentzlovatyh). Of course, it is not the one on the picture - google it on your own if you are interested! 

That's enough for today! Bye!

2 comments:

Brooksie said...

Hi Karolina
How interesting that you do not have many mushrooms in Poland. Here in Australia we are told to be VERY CAREFUL when you pick mushrooms as we have MANY poisonous mushrooms and because they look similar to safe ones only experienced people should pick them. Safer to buy them from the shop.

Anonymous said...

The English name of the mushroom you talked about is Geastrum fimbriatum. Good luck!